The Functional Assessment Staging Test (FAST) identifies the functional abilities of people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. FAST was developed by Dr. Barry Reisberg.
The loss of functional abilities always progresses in Alzheimer’s. If your loved-one regains functional abilities for a sustained period of time, a fresh diagnosis may be appropriate.
- Trained Clinicians
- Functional abilities assessed include
- Selecting proper attire
- Able to control bladder and bowel movements
- Sitting up
- Holding up head
- Functional abilities are assigned to seven (7) stages
- Stage 6, Moderate Dementia, includes 5 substages
- Stage 7, Severe Dementia, includes 6 substages